Hello January CNA-2 students!
We have been working with the folks at Legacy in offering their CNA-2 scholarships to current CNA-2 students at CTI. Below is some very important info on this.
Here is what you need to know to get started:
- If you are interested in working in a hospital setting (acute care) the folks at Legacy Health have worked with us here at CTI for about 2 months now to sponsor students in the upcoming CNA-2 class that starts Jan. 10th.
- You MUST be ready to start in the Jan. 10th class. This scholarship, at this time, is not available for later classes. It may be and we will let you know if it opens up for February. So, this announcement is for students that are ready to go with the next scheduled class only.
- You must let us know if you are interested ASAP. We will send your name and contact info to the hiring managers at the Legacy hospitals that want our new grads and are willing to pay for your program.
- Go to the Info Session Page to begin the registration process immediately. Time is super short to get this done. If you have not done the required immunizations, do this right away. You should also pay for and get the drug screening done asap also. And, please check your CPR card to be sure it is still current and also your TB test to be sure it will be accepted.
- When we hear from you and send the names to Legacy you will be contacted by them.
- Once you are chosen by Legacy: you will apply to them for a job, be interviewed on Zoom and (hopefully) be selected for the scholarship. Interviews start next week so you need to decide on this ASAP. You will receive the program scholarship from Legacy. It will be paid in full to us or if you have already paid, they will reimburse you. Some other items may be reimbursable also. You will then attend the class, labs and clinicals and pass the program. Once you are listed on the OSBN website you will begin your new job!
Legacy has just started this program and it is a pilot program for hiring the CNA-2 staff that they need and as a benefit to you to get your CNA-2 program paid for with the agreement of also working for them. The two hospitals that need CNA-2 staff quite badly right now are Meridian Park in Tualatin and Mt Hood Medical Center in Gresham.
Here is their info:
CNA2 Training Scholarship Available
Legacy Health Foundation is offering a limited number of scholarships for CNA2 training with the Caregiver Training Institute. CNA1’s interested in becoming a CNA2 and beginning employment with Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center (Tualatin, OR) or Mount Hood Medical Center (Gresham, OR) upon completion of the training and licensing process are eligible for this scholarship program. The scholarship will cover the cost of the training program, licensing fees and may cover other necessary training expenses.
Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center and Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center have openings for CNA2s (Certified Hospital Technicians) with part-time and full-time schedules. Legacy CNA positions offer:
- Hire-On Bonuses range from $2,000 to $7,000
- Day and Night shift opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- Discounted monthly TriMet pass ($25 all zone monthly pass)
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Benefits
- Discounts on various events and products (cell phone plans, fitness centers, event tickets)
Please contact the office to send your contact info to the Legacy hiring managers.